Wednesday 8 May 2013

Gigs in Yorkshire

I'm off to Yorkshire. First I have a gig to do on the South coast tomorrow and then I aim to drive part of the way to Otley and stop over somewhere halfway up, Northampton-ish let's say, have a good sleep and a nice big breakfast on Friday morning
The guitar is ready
and finish the drive on Friday so I can arrive in good condition. The guitar is all ready - I put new strings on a few days ago and they are well played in now.
Otley looks like a beautiful town and Otley Courthouse theatre, where I'll be performing, looks awesome. We're lucky to have friends in the area so will be driving to their house after the gig - after the highly necessary curry that is. I don't think I can drive all the way to Otley, perform a concert and then not go out and have a curry.  I've been investigating local breweries in that area too...  there is the vital question of which local brews to sample.
Sampling the local brews is pretty much an obligation I think
I've got Saturday off - during which I will get the chance to see my friends and maybe do a bit of ale sampling and as it's the Holmefirth  festival of Folk I'll be visiting that. I'll definitely be going to hear Michael J Tinker playing at 4.30 pm - I am just assuming I'll be able to find him -  I'm not sure where it is but he's on at The Red Deer. The Gerry McNeice Band is on as well - And on Sunday I'll still be there and if you're in the area come and listen to Sarah Horn and James Cudworth - great musicians -  performing outside Hervey's, from around 2pm. I've just got time to sample some ale (modest pre-gig amount) and hear some music before it's off to my own gig - to play some Bartok and Bach and flamenco and Villa Lobos and all the rest of my programme in Halifax.
I'm performing there at Square Chapel Arts Centre and I notice that just above me in the what's on list is what looks like a very nice beer festival which I will have missed. Ah well - I'm sure I shall have had some very good local brews by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment