Sunday 28 August 2016

One more Edinburgh Fringe show left - quick, book your tickets!!


I had another great audience today and then all that's left of my Fringe this year is tomorrow's show. BOOK TICKETS!
It has been absolutely wonderful and the audience responses have made the experience very fruitful for me. There is something about the way that people focus on listening to the pieces I play that comes back to me, as I'm playing, and it somehow affects the way I'm doing it and when this process is working well it feels incredibly exhilerating and it also feels as if we are all in some way 'doing' it . By 'it' I am not even sure how to describe what I mean. It has something to do with music - making music, being part of the music (as one fan memorably says of Spinal Tap). Yes I fear I have strayed into the realm of parody so I will shut up. Suffice to say - playing to a live audience beats any other way of playing music so THANK YOU AUDIENCES - you are all amazing.

Some audience feedback from today (lots of other comments in the post below as well)...

'Fantastic! Great selection of music and lovely venue.' Sharon Collard

'Absolutely loved it. Varied programme of beautiful music, played brilliantly - thank you so much.' Elaine Weir

'10/10 - amazing performance. It's like a travel around the world but with guitar.' Hannah White

'Excellent choice of repertoire. Great playing and acoustic.' John McBeath 

'The show was excellent - beautiful acoustics and variety. Gorgeous venue.' Neena J

 'Thoroughly enjoyed the show, the Bach was beautiful and the tango was a rousing way to finish the show.' Audience member

'Excellent.' G. Lipkin

No comments:

Post a Comment