Wednesday 25 July 2012

King's Lynn Festival Fringe

I wished, in my last post, that it might be as sunny, for my visit, as it was in that picture of the Quay at King's Lynn - well it was. It was a glorious day and All Saints' church, tucked away inside a rampart of quaint 60s flats a short distance from the historic Quay, was a real gem. The first thing to say is that the acoustic was wonderful and suited the sound of the guitar down to the ground. I played the Carlavero so even I got some impression of this quality. I hope I did it justice. The audience were great and it was a relief to turn up and find that so many had come.
The organisers had done a grand job and there was a feast of homemade cakes and scones for the interval. As well as juice and tea and coffee a very good red wine was served, much to my delight - I saved mine until after I'd finished playing. All the hassle was taken out of the equation regarding the box office because the King's Lynn Festival Box Office came down from the Corn Exchange to run that side of it. So all in all it was a pleasure and well worth it. But why is it always so nerve-wracking to go to perform somewhere you've never performed before? You'd think performing would be evenly nerve-wracking wherever you were but somehow a new place is especially anxiety inducing. The answer, I suppose, is, go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment