Monday 16 July 2012

Return to Norfolk

I'm giving a concert in King's Lynn on Sunday. It's been a few years now since I toured venues in Norfolk with the Ruskin Ensemble but I have happy memories of those performances. It was part of a Village Hall Touring scheme. Are those still running? I hope so - it was great fun to do and the audiences at the various halls were amazing. I was looking at the map just now and trying to remember our route. I remember Wells-Next-the -Sea. We had a lovely time there. We did the Vivaldi Guitar Concerto in D, with Fandango, which I used to love playing. I wonder if any of the people who came to hear us remember it... come and hear me again, people from Wells-Next-the-Sea, and say hello! Then there was Whissonsett, I remember that and Wisbech, which is in Cambridgeshire I know, but nearby all the same. Did we play at Thurgarton? There is also a Thurgarton in Nottinghamshire so my mind might be playing tricks on me. Maybe it was the one in Notts we played at. I know I stayed at a lovely B&B - which might have been somewhere near Dereham and I remember our horn player accidentally locking the janitor out of the school we had gone to do a workshop in.
And now I am pleased to be returning and very glad of the opportunity provided by the King's Lynn Arts Festival. It would be nice if it was as sunny as in that picture but even if it's pouring with rain music is fun so if you can't go on your long walk, come and listen to classical guitar. My concert is this coming Sunday - July 22nd - in All Saints' Church, King's Lynn and tickets are £5.00, available from the Festival Box Office (at the Corn Exchange, King's Lynn (01553 764864) or on the door. There will be a glass of wine, tea/coffee and juices during the interval and everyone is welcome. The concert will help to raise funds for the Church and I am looking forward very much to playing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment